La Plata University, Argentyna and University of Algarve, Portugal
With the objective of promoting cooperation in the area of academic education and research, the International Centre for Ecology PAS signed agreements with the Hydraulic Department of Engineering Faculty, the LaPlata University (Argentina), and with the University of Algarve (Portugal).
The cooperation may concern any field or subject upon which the parties agree. It will include various activities, such as:
- collaborative research, lectures and symposia,
- exchange of scholars and researchers,
- exchange of graduate and doctoral students,
- exchange of scientific publications in fields which are of interest to both parties in order to update information.
Chongqing University, China
Agreement on “Joint Research Centre on Ecohydrology” between Faculty of Urban Construction & Environmental Engineering, and European Regional Centre for Ecohydrology u/a UNESCO Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland) was signed on 22nd October 2011 (Fig. 1).
Figure 1. Prof. Maciej Zalewski (Director European Regional Centre for Ecohydrology u/a UNESCO PAS) and Prof. Jinsong Guo (Deputy Dean, Faculty of Urban Construction and Environmental Engineering, Chongqing University) signed the Agreement on Joint Research Centre on Ecohydrology.
The agreement on creation of the Joint Research Centre (JRC), is aimed at promoting close and friendly relations between the Parties and wishing to broaden the scope of scientific and technological cooperation.
The following thematic scientific research areas of mutual interest have been identified and are candidate working-areas:
- The rules of ecohydrology in watershed and the hydro-ecological effect of large-scale hydropower project: Assessment of healthy rivers,
- Ecological response of eutrophication and biogeochemical processes of nutrients from the point-of-view of ecohydrology in multiple scales,
- Molecular ecohydrology on phytoplankton ecology and algal toxins in reservoirs,
- Sustainable water resource utilization and ecological management in watershed,
- Spatio-temporal distribution of environmental capacity, water pollution control and ecological restoration in watershed,
- Case and demo study on ecohydrology in the Three Gorges Reservoir Region.